Medical Malpractice/Defective Medical Devices

Feb 10, 2016 by

Medical negligence is fast becoming a major factor for the causes of death around the United States, following cancer and heart disease. Every year, billions of dollars are being spent in various medical malpractice payouts, and in order to avoid being a victim of medical malpractice yourself (or to know what to do when you are one) you should be your own health care champion. Being well informed is one of the best ways to protect yourself from medical malpractice, as well as get a successful medical malpractice claim.

Not all unfortunate outcomes fall to medical negligence; in order to have a strong medical malpractice claim, many specialized personal injury attorneys will have to examine and determine whether the injuries and the amount of damages detailed in the records are significant and considerable enough to substantiate the claim. This is because medical malpractice claims are very time-consuming, tedious, and expensive and has a high probability of failure. According to statistics, every year only 20 percent of medical malpractice claims succeed, with the remaining 80 percent ending with no payment to the injured patient or their surviving family.

This is vital when insurers want to settle the claim; a medical malpractice lawyer should be able to effectively convince the insurers to agree to a high settlement in order to settle a claim. This rings true for any Bard G2 IVC filter lawyer, since the problems are still new and the injuries and complications are life-threatening.

Furthermore, medical malpractice claims require strong evidence and testimony from qualified and respected people in the medical field. This responsibility goes to your lawyer, who will be tasked with finding the right people to testify on your behalf and give their professional opinion on the negligence of the defendant. Poor evidence and testimony will result in your claims being denied of compensation.

Related Posts


Share This

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *